Dear POMS Members: We are pleased to announce POMS International Conference, PUC-Rio, December 10 – 12, 2018, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Conference Theme: Operations Management for Social Good
General Chair: Prof. Adriana Leiras, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Brazil.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is August 13, 2018.
More details are available at http://www.poms.org/ and http://www.pomsrio.ind.puc-rio.br
Please note that one can choose to submit a full paper after having been notified the acceptance of their abstract. However, a full paper submission is not required for this conference.
Important dates/deadlines to help plan for attending this conference are below:
· Jul 1st, 2018 – Abstract submission opens
· Aug 13th, 2018 – Abstract submission closes
· Aug 24th, 2018 – Notification of acceptance of abstracts
· Aug 24th, 2018 – Early Bird online registration opens
· Aug 24th, 2018 – Full-length paper submission opens (optional - only for accepted abstracts)
· Sep 24th, 2018 – Full paper submission closes
· Oct 22th, 2018 – Notification of acceptance of full papers
· Oct 29th, 2018 – Early Bird online registration closes
· Nov 30th, 2018 – Regular online registration closes
Conference Steering Committee:
· Prof. Adriana Leiras (general chair), Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Brazil.
· Prof. Carlos Alberto González-Calderón, Universidad Nacional de Colombia at Medellin (UNAL-Medellin), Colombia.
· Prof. Henrique Correa, Vice President, Communications, POMS, Rollins College, Winter Park, FL, USA.
· Prof. Hugo Tsugunobu Yoshida Yoshizaki, Regional Vice President - Americas, POMS, Universidade de São Paulo (USP), Brazil.
· Prof. Irineu de Brito Junior, Faculdade de Tecnologia de Sao Paulo at São José dos Campos, Brazil (FATEC-SJC).
· Prof. Luiz Felipe Scavarda, Director of the Industrial Engineering Department, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Brazil.
· Prof. Nagesh N. Murthy, Associate Executive Director, Global Initiatives and Outreach, POMS, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, USA.
· Prof. Sebastian Villa, Universidad de los Andes (UniAndes), Bogota, Colombia.
· Prof. Sushil Gupta, Executive Director, POMS, Florida International University, Miami, FL, USA.
Hope you are able to take advantage of this conference.